Friday, August 16, 2013

Who's got your back?


I finished piecing the back. I carried out the 4-patch theme for it that is on the top, even though all four flannel fabrics here are different. It makes the quilt reversible.

The concept of backs is one I have considered long about many other things. In quilting, some folks don't pay attention to them, especially if they will be wallhangings. I don't feel the same way.

I like back roads, back walls, the back of the Statue of Liberty and back chakras. The other day, someone posted on FaceBook that kids always want to get their parents off their backs until the day they realize that most parents are the ones who have their backs. Some.

And now that I have two layers completed with this quilt, I will spend some cold mornings cuddled under the two and see how it feels both in weight and warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment